Mapalife: A New Idea
Mapalife is a start-up company that provides innovative memorial options for a changing funeral industry. As cremation fast becomes the most common form of disposition in the United States, families are presented with new options (and new challenges) on how to memorialize and remember a loved one. In the summer of 2016, founders Becca and Sam decided to form Mapalife…here’s a glimpse into why:
- Put simply, Mapalife was created because of an unmet need in the funeral industry.
- While some are cremated and buried in a cemetery, many are placed to rest – their ashes scattered – in a place of personal significance. For the majority of family members who want to know the final resting place of their relatives, this identifies an unmet need. This need continues to grow as cremation rates rise (from 48% in 2015 to 71% in 2030 according to the NFDA).
- Mapalife is here to satisfy that need. By creating a Scattersite page, a relative can easily add long-lasting visibility to a loved one’s unique final resting place by sharing the GPS coordinates with family and friends.
- The potential to provide value during such a difficult time is what motivates us. Starting out, our main focus is to add significance and traceability to someone’s Scattersite. We believe these special places should be shared and remembered. To accomplish this, we’re working hard to make the process of creating and sharing a Scattersite page easy and affordable.
- In addition to sharing a loved one’s final resting place, Mapalife will be your go-to source for cremation information. We will provide quality information for those who choose cremation and their families.
“For the majority of family members who want to know the final resting place of their relatives, this [cremation] identifies an unmet need…this need continues to grow as cremation rates rise”
- Lastly, Mapalife strives to be a catalyst for change. The site will change how society thinks about cremation and how the funeral industry services families.
- No spoilers here. We commit ourselves to always provide low-cost memorial options, both traditional and innovative.
- If you’re interested in providing input or learning more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To stay up-to-date on our progress (and sign-up for our beta test), join forces with us here: mapalife.com.